Sesame Garlic ChickenJump to Recipe
Delicious chicken breasts that are crispy on the outside but still tender and moist on the inside. then tossed, in a sweet and savoury garlic sauce. If you’re in a rush to make dinner or struggling to find a dish that the kids will like, you should definitely try this Sesame Garlic Chicken Recipe.
Sesame Garlic Chicken at Home
One of the most popular Chinese takeout dishes, you can opt for a healthier alternative and make Sesame Garlic Chicken right at home with this easy recipe.
Many restaurants deep-fry their chicken to give the dish that crispy texture. You can still achieve it by baking the chicken. This greatly reduces the amount of oil used. You could also make this Sesame Garlic Chicken recipe in an instant pot if you would like.
Making Sesame Garlic Chicken at home also allows you to change up the flavour to your liking. If you find that regular sesame chicken takeout is too sweet, feel free to use less honey in the sauce. You can also add a kick to the sauce too by adding in some hot sauce.
For more of your favourite Chinese takeout recipes like Ginger Beef or Chow Mein, check out Dumpling Connection’s Recipes page. Let’s get started!
Sesame Garlic Chicken
- 1½ - 2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- white sesame seeds
- 7 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 °F degrees.
- Rinse the chicken breast and cube it into bite-sized pieces.
- Mince the cloves of garlic finely and set aside.
- Grab a large bowl and sift the flour into it. Add the salt and pepper and combine.
- Toss the cubes of chicken into the flour mixture. Make sure each piece is coated evenly.
- In a large cast-iron pan, or any large skillet that can go in the oven, heat the olive oil with the sesame oil together on high-heat.
- Cook the chicken on each side until light and golden for about 2 to 3 min per side.
- In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the pan and sprinkle the sesame seeds over and stir.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Check and make sure all the chicken is cooked.
- Ready to serve! Enjoy!Tip: Sesame Garlic Chicken is best served with white rice or salad!