Mapo Tofu Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb of silken tofu
- 1/4 lb minced beef
- 2 tbsp chilli bean sauce (doubanjiang)
- 1 tsp fermented black bean (douchi)
- 1 tbsp flaked red pepper or powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1/2 tbsp Szechuan peppercorn
- Cut the tofu into square cubes and bring a large amount of water to a boil. Then add some salt and slide the tofu in to cook for one minute. Remove and drain.
- Heat up wok with oil and fry the ground beef until cooked.
- Fry the doubanjiang with black bean, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Then mix the flaked pepper in.
- Add a broth of your choice or water and gently slide the tofu cubes in. Add soy sauce and the beef.
- Heat to a boil and then let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix potato starch in until the sauce thickens. Garnish with green onion and Szechuan peppercorn.
- Remove to a plate and serve.