Goji Berry Ginger Tea
If you like cranberries or sour cherries, you’ll really love this Goji Berry Ginger Tea recipe. The spice of the ginger combined with the subtle flavour of the goji berries creates a calming and soothing aroma.
About The Recipe
Even though it’s called “tea”, there are no actual tea leaves in this recipe. It’s referred to as a “tea” because of the yellow tea-like colour. The process of making this goji berry ginger tea recipe is just like making tea though.
Goji berries originate from China and you will most likely see them in their dried form. On their own, they taste similar to cranberries or sour cherries. The goji berries release a subtle but sweet taste but you can add a natural sweetener, like honey, to the tea if you’d like.
Ginger is no stranger to the world of tea. You’ve probably heard of lemon ginger tea, ginger green tea, turmeric ginger tea and plain old fresh ginger tea. The ginger root in these teas are often dried and then ground up before being mixed with tea leaves. The base note of ginger herbal tea is mildly spicy and piquant.
Benefits of Goji Berry Ginger Tea
It’s best to make this goji berry ginger tea recipe during winter. Warming herbs and spices, such as ginger, help the body produce more internal heat. Not only does it create less strain but it gives you more energy for other important bodily functions.
One of the greatest benefits of the goji berry in TCM is how they nourish the kidneys, which are the most vital organ during winter. They are also packed with antioxidants that boost your immune system.
Goji Ginger Tea Recipe
- 1 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger root
- 8 fl. oz boiling water
- A wedge of lemon, optional
- Start by boiling some water.
- Peel the ginger and rinse the dried goji berries with some water.
- Slice the ginger into your cup.
- Add the goji berries and lemon wedge to your cup as well.
- Pour in some boiling water.
- Let it steep for a minimum of 10 minutes or until the water changes to a more tea-like colour. Remove the ginger slices.
- Sweeten with honey or another natural sweetener if desired. Enjoy!