Dongpo Pork RecipeJump to Recipe
Dongpo Pork, also known as Braised Pork Belly, is a traditional Chinese dish renowned for its exquisite flavors. Its deliciousness not only stems from its unique cooking techniques but also because it carries the deep-rooted cultural heritage and historical traditions of millennia, making it a dish that many aspire to savor. Dongpo Prok features succulent pieces of pork belly paired with a rich sauce and aromatic seasonings, and it has long been regarded as a representative of Chinese cuisine.
Benefits of Dongpo Pork
“Dongpo Pork” mostly uses pork ribs (pork belly): Pork is rich in high-quality protein and essential fatty acids, and provides heme (organic iron) and cysteine that promotes iron absorption, which can improve iron deficiency anemia; It has the effects of nourishing the kidneys, nourishing blood, nourishing yin and moisturizing dryness.
Dongpo Pork Recipe
- 800 g Pork Belly
- 1 handful Green Onion
- 1 large Genger
- 250 g Rice Wine
- 100 g Light Soy Sauce
- 100 g Water
- 40 g Rock Sugar
- Select 800g of pork belly, clean and cut into cubes of about 4 cm.
- Tie them from all sides with cotton thread.
- Take a casserole and brush a layer of oil on the bottom of the pot.
- Add green onion and ginger slices. The bottom of the pot must be completely covered.
- Place the meat skin side down.
- Add rice wine, light soy sauce and rock sugar all at once and turn on the heat.
- After the pot is boiled, simmer over low heat for an hour.
- After an hour, turn the meat over and simmer for another 15 minutes.