Cumin Lamb Skewers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 32 skewers
- Lamb shoulder chops 4lbs
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)
- Bamboo skewers
- In a mortar and pestle, coarsely grind the chilli flakes, cumin. Add garlic and kosher salt and continue grinding to break the salt into smaller pieces and thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Chop the lamp shoulders into cubes.
- Put the lamb in a bowl and toss thoroughly with the spice mixture, oil and Shaoxing wine.
- Put the lamb cubes onto the skewers. Grill the skewers over indirect heat, while covered, until the lamb is nearly cooked through (about 3 minutes per side).
- Move the skewers onto direct heat and sprinkle the remaining spice mixture. Cook until well seared on both sides.
- Remove skewers from heat and serve right away.