Crispy Chicken Spring Rolls Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 green onion
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Spring roll wrappers
- Canola oil
- Wash the vegetables and let dry. Then thinly slice the carrots and cabbage.
- Mince the garlic and ginger and chop the green onion
- In a large skillet heat the sesame oil over medium heat and sautè the ground chicken with the garlic, ginger, oyster sauce and sugar for 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, green onion and soy sauce and cook for another 3 minutes. Then remove from heat and place in a large plate to let it cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg and then add it to the cabbage, carrots, green onion and soy sauce. Stir until combined.
- Get a small bowl of water to begin wrapping.
- Place about ¼ cup of the filling in the centre of the spring roll wrapper.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with water and then fold in the sides. Finish the spring roll by rolling it from one side. Make sure the filling is completely encased inside.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until the filling and wrappers are finished.
- In a skillet, pour ⅛ inch of canola oil in and let it heat.
- Carefully place the spring rolls in and then deep-fry them. Make sure to cook both sides until golden brown.
- Once golden brown, remove the spring rolls from the oil and set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel. Let cool and ready to serve.