Cashew Chicken Recipe
Cashew Chicken Recipe – Juicy chicken stir-fried with cashew, carrots, and cucumbers. Skip the line at your local Chinese restaurant and make it at home!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cucumber
- ½ medium carrot
- 1 small onion
- ½ lb chicken breast
- 1 green onion
- ¾ cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 dried chilli peppers
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Prep the vegetables and clean the chicken breast.
- Peel and dice the cucumber, carrot and onion. Slice green onion into strands.
- Chop the chicken breast into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, and stir-fry it is until is is cooked medium-well.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the carrots, cucumbers, onions, green onion, and dried chilis into the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt or soy sauce to desired taste. Stir-fry until cooked medium-well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the water, vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, and sugar until combined to make the sauce.
- Add the chicken, cashew nuts, and sauce into the pan.
- Stir-fry all ingredients until well-done and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and plate.
- Ready to serve with rice or your favourite grain!
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to check out our other recipes!